Utility Billing

Important Utility Information

City of Snohomish Water, Sewer & Storm Drainage Rates

Here are a few things to know about your utilities:
  • City Hall is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday – Friday and in case of emergencies our employees are on call to respond 24 hours a day.
  • If you have any questions about your billing, please call us at 360-568-3115.

Payment Information

We provide several payment options, you can pay:
  • By utilizing bill pay through your bank
  • By mail:
    • PO Box 1589
      Snohomish, WA 98291
  • By phone at 877-621-9831
  • In person via cash,check, debit card or credit card at City Hall at:
    • 116 Union Avenue
    • Snohomish, WA 98290
Utility accounts are the responsibility of the property owner. The owner remains responsible for payment even if they had tenants.

Changing an Account

To request changes to an account you can call City Hall at 360-568-3115, make it in person at 116 Union Ave., or submit the change request located on the back of your utility bill. Changes to an account may include, transferring an account to a new owner, turning services on/off, new mailing address, etc.
Residential Account Change Request Form

Special Rates

Low income senior citizens and low income handicapped residents of the City may apply to receive water and sewer services at one quarter of the monthly minimum charge.
Online Application for Low Income

Low Income Application (PDF) (download and complete)

Detecting and Fixing Leaks

If you get an unexpectedly high bill, you may have a water leak. You can request an adjustment to that bill if you find and fix a water leak.
Online Application for Request for Leak Adjustment
Request for Leak Adjustment (PDF) (download and complete)

Test for Leaks
  • Turn off all faucets and appliances that use water
  • Check to see if your water meter's low flow indicator (dial, small red or black triangle) is moving
  • Record the reading from your water meter
  • Don’t use any water for the next hour, then recheck the meter
  • If the low flow indicator is moving or the reading has changed, water is running through the meter and you may have a leak

The city is responsible for repairing water meters and all pipes that lead to the meters. Pipes from the water meter to a residence or business are the responsibility of the property owner.


The City of Snohomish bills on a bi-monthly basis. Water is measured in hundreds of cubic feet (100 cubic feet = 748 gallons). The sewer consumption is based on the water consumption.

Utility Bills are due by the 20th of the month following the close of the bill (for the billing period of January 1 – February 28, bill is due March 20th). Payments not received by the date specified on the bill will receive a $20 late fee.

Accounts with a past due balance after the termination date specified on the bill will be scheduled for shut off. An additional fee of $40 will be added for involuntary shut-offs.

Water service will be scheduled for immediate termination for all checks returned as NSF. An additional fee of $45 will be added for NSF checks.

Base utility rates continue to accrue even if a property is vacant. An abandoned occupant rate is available to customers where no usage of water is anticipated for a continuous period of 180 days or more, and where no human habitation or active business operations is occurring. The abandoned rate is only available upon prior written notice to the city.

Disconnected Water Services

For water services that have been disconnected there is no charge to reconnect services during business hours. Call City Hall at 360-568-3115 before 3 p.m. Monday - Friday to request reconnection. For customers requesting an after hours reconnection will be charged $100. There is a $30 fee for customers requesting that their water service be disconnected. There is no charge for emergency shut off. Call City Hall at 360-568-3115 Monday - Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. for emergencies. After 5 p.m. on weekends and on holidays you can call 360-568-3115 and be directed to our emergency line.

Meter Information

Meters are read every other month. City meter readers use a hand-held device to record the readings. They read meters through a manual read, touch read, or radio read. The device then imports the information into the city’s computers making the meter reading faster and more accurate.

The city is responsible for repairing water meters and all pipes that lead to our meters. Pipes from the water meter to a residence or business are the responsibility of the property owner.

Quick links for more information about utilities