- Conducts design reviews
- Evaluates land use proposals
- Develops long range planning policies
- Oversees enforcement of zoning regulations
- Provides planning and zoning assistance to citizens and developers
- Undertakes land use studies
Long Range Planning
The Planning Department's long range responsibilities include preparing amendments to the Comprehensive Plan, Shoreline Master Plan, and Land Use Regulations contained within Title 14 of the Snohomish Municipal Code.
Current (project) planning responsibilities include public counter inquiries, development and land use permit review, processing of annexations, and development monitoring and data collection.
View information about how code amendments are processed.
Get information about permitting, including how to apply for a permit.
View information about the City's Comprehensive Plan, and learn how amendments to the Plan are processed.
Learn about the City's districts.
View information about annexations to the City and how they are processed.
- How do I find out if my property is within Snohomish City limits?
- How close to the property line can I build?
- Can I raise chickens on my property?
- How do I find out my zoning?
- Do I need City approval to cut down a tree on my property?
- What uses are allowed on my property?
- What types of proposals require design review?
- Who do I contact with questions about the permit application process?