Landlord Tenant

The State Attorney W General's Office is the source for information about the Landlord-Tenant laws in Washington.

While police officers are commonly called regarding landlord-tenant disputes, most of the time they are unable to resolve the issue because the landlord-tenant laws are civil in nature, and require mediation or court action to enforce. The Dispute Resolution Center in Snohomish County is a resource for out-of-court resolution and is an option for tenants and landlords. When mediation is not an option, low income residents may find assistance via Snohomish County Legal Services or the Northwest Justice Project.