Republic Services recommends five ways to be more environmentally friendly this holiday season:
- Enjoy that holiday latte, just remember, your cup should be empty, clean, and dry before you toss it in the recycling container.
- Shipping gifts? Reuse last year’s bubble wrap and foam packing, or try using shredded paper instead.
- When giving gifts, commit to reusing laminated bags, but it’s okay recycle the paper ones.
- After opening gifts, remember to recycle wrapping paper – even the sparkly stuff – but save or trash the ribbons and bows. Oh, and don’t forget, Styrofoam packaging is not recyclable. Reuse or trash it.
- If Santa brings you a new device, make sure your old phone or tablet does not get tossed in with the recycling.