Skip to Main Content
Parks & Recreation
Water, Sewer, Garbage
I Want To
Show All Answers
Do I really need a Solicitor/Canvasser license?
• If you are traveling in any manner from place to place within the City and you are actively engaging Snohomish citizens in an attempt to interest them in your business or the company you work for, you need a City of Snohomish Solicitor/Canvasser license.
• If you are scheduling or attempting to schedule return visits with Snohomish citizens in order to provide a demonstration or more detailed information about your company’s products or services, you need a Solicitor/Canvasser license.
• If you are driving around the City selling a product from your vehicle (an ice cream truck or similar business), you need a Solicitor/Canvasser license.
What are commercial and non-commercial handbills?
• A commercial handbill is any printed or written matter (leaflet, pamphlet, paper, booklet, etc.) or any sample or device which advertises something for sale; generates interest in a business or commercial establishment for the purpose of promoting sales; directs attention to or advertises any meeting, performance, exhibition, or event for which an admission fee is charged for the purpose of private gain or profit (See SMC 8.20 for exceptions); or which is distributed or circulated for advertising purposes even though it doesn’t initially appear to be an advertisement.
• A non-commercial handbill is any printed or written matter (leaflet, pamphlet, paper, booklet, etc.), any sample or device, or any other printed or otherwise reproduced original or copies of any matter of literature that is not included in the definition of a commercial handbill and is not a newspaper.
Can I knock on a door or distribute a flyer to a property with a “No Soliciting,” “No Trespassing,” or similar notice posted?
No; the City of Snohomish prohibits Soliciting/Canvassing or handbill posting at properties which have indicated a wish to remain undisturbed.
Slideshow Left Arrow
Slideshow Right Arrow